joyui update/fix mp4 review and known issues so far
MP4 update was great, here are the list i've got so far
- less overheating and battery consumption, max battery temp i got so far is 38-39 C on a prolonged gaming on max graphics settings on games (L2R and PUBG). on MP3, it gets really hot up to 43 C and can only last up to 4-5hrs max on intensive gaming.
- bug fixes, fingerprint unlock is faster than before. so as face unlock. there's no more flickering light as you unlock device. If you happen to accidentally flip your shark space switch while currently on a game app, it doesn't reset that app anymore, though it does close your other 'minimized' app, no issues with that.
- camera, there's an improvement on this app too. idk how but there's an improvement while i tested it, it did manage to capture some fine details on a few macro shots i did - no zoom, just focus/placing camera near the object. 240 fps slow mo is added folks, that's right! it works well on good lightings.
- noincall/nonotif, yep it automatically hangup phone calls for noincall. for nonotif i have a few issues, it now works on fb messenger chat heads, BUT still messenger calls are able to push through, kinda annoying.
- google wellbeing, well folks you can program your screen to grayscale+nightmode at night when you are sleeping, there's also a toggle button for 'invert colors'. you can monitor your activities and stuffs like that. search google for more info.
that's all i have for now, its great update btw. though here are few things i should mention to be added/fixed in mp5 update (hopefully).
- removing launcher selection prompt after exiting shark space (there should be a default launcher selection options at 'settings' instead)
- like i mentioned on nonotif, it should be able to block facebook messenger calls too. that pesky messenger flipping over your screen when you're currently on game is kinda annoying.
- dark theme should also apply to 'settings'too. - like someone said 'true dark theme UI stock android' only applies starting from android Q. well i guess you could set this option to a lower priority.
- gamepad, mouse toggle option applies to right gamepad keys only. we could've utilize mouse toggle option using arrow keys (left gamepad) since we mostly dont use it under game. - so to enjoy playing remotely (e.g. playing phone connected on tv, using gamepad L+R mounted on gamepad stand). There should be also an option to increase track pad size on screen.
- include a text message ringtone selection, we are most likely missing our text messages since its setup on 'default notification' category mixed with some not-so-urgent notifs. i'd like to have text message ringtone separated from the other notification ringtones.
edit: known issues as of MP4 update
Sometimes fingerprint unlock on 'grayscale' trigger (google wellbeing) having a hard time to unlock phone. takes usually longer than normal to recognize fingerprint or fails most of the time. 'invert color' is not a necessary feature but a feature nonetheless.fingerprint unlock option doesn't work on 'invert colors' (since it inverts the fingerprint lighting to black).
- Muted slow-mo for both 120 and 240fps (credit to @Eagle2454). Camera also struggles at night specially on taking videos. Slow mo at night inside a fluorescent lit room gives this flickering muted video plus there's this color imbalance column sliding from left-right.
that's all for now, will be adding more in the future.